A shocking story that reports a mother who suffered a heart attack in 2010, would not have died if she had not consumed massive amounts of Coca-Cola on a daily basis.
The coroner concluded the following:
“I find that, when all of the available evidence is considered, were it not for the consumption of very large quantities of Coke by Natasha Harris, it is unlikely that she would have died when she died and how she died.”
She drank more than 2 gallons of coke every day. It goes without saying that no one should really be consuming 2 gallons of anything every day. She also smoked 30 cigarettes a day which would not have helped her situation. Excessive consumption of sugar, caffeine and smoking is not going to be good for anyone’s health.
Natasha’s mother in law reported at the coroner’s that Natasha would “go crazy if she ran out…get the shakes, withdrawal symptoms, be angry, on edge, headaches and snappy”.
Natasha’s post-mortem showed that she had an enlarged liver which was attributed to her consumption of “excessive amounts of sugar”.
I don’t think Coca-Cola can be held responsible for Natasha consuming such large quantities. However, as we know, sugar is a terrible addiction just like a drug. Natasha’s huge addiction to sugar and caffeine must have had such a terrible impact on her life. Do companies like Coca-Cola need to put warning labels on their products?