Sugar has addictive properties as well as a serotonin rise and crash and moody withdrawal symptoms. Sugar cravings are difficult to cope with but its normally a sign that you are not feeding your body properly in other ways. For example, dehydration, caffeine crashes, lack of sleep and hunger can all make you crave sugar. One theory of why many crave sugar is that we evolved to seek out sweet things such as fruit. However, today most of our foods in the supermarket are all loaded with sugar. Sugar causes you to store fat and feel hungry at the same time.
Here are just a few of the reasons to cut out sugar:
- “Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, inability to concentrate and crankiness in children. Sugar can lead to eczema in children”.
- “Sugar can lead to obesity. Sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese people”.
- “Sugar can contribute to diabetes”.
- “Sugar can cause fatigue, moodiness, nervousness, and depression”.
- “Sugar can be intoxicating, similar to alcohol”.
Read all 143 reasons why you should cut sugar from your diet and why sugar ruins your health: Article