This recipe is very easy, extremely filling, low carb, healthy and definitely delicious. It can be cooked in only 30 minutes, so there is no need to spend ages in the kitchen cooking. It can be made with or without a tomato sauce.
Prep. Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Easy – Tried and Tested
- 300g lean minced beef (chicken, turkey or lamb can also be used)
- 1 red chili – chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons of medium curry powder (use mild if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh coriander – chopped
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
1. Put the mince into a mixing bowl. Add the garlic, curry powder, cumin, paprika, chilli, black pepper and coriander and mix well.
2. Add the beaten eggs and mix together well.
3. Divide the mince mixture into 10 pieces and shape into balls.
4. Heat the olive oil in the frying pan and add the meatballs.
5. Cook for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
6. When golden brown, they are ready for serving.
To make with a tomato sauce
1. Stir fry 2 chopped garlic cloves in some olive oil.
2. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes.- 400 ml
3. Add salt, pepper and a handful of coriander.
4. Bring to the boil. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and cook for no more than a minute.
*Remember when mixing the mince in the bowl with your hands; always wash your hands thoroughly before and after so you don’t transfer any germs.
How to enhance the health benefits of garlic
Recent research suggests that slicing, chopping, mincing or pressing garlic before you cook actually enhances the health benefits of garlic and brings out the best flavour of your food. Cutting garlic damages the cells and loses its aroma and bite.