If your looking for a quick and easy low carb/Paleo breakfast recipe then this is a great choice. It’s filling and makes a nice change to just your normal bacon and eggs every day. Zucchini contains many good nutrients such as Vitamin C and lutein, which are both known to be good for the eyes. There are moe animal studies that now show that zucchini can help keep insulin metabolism and blood sugar levels balanced and protect against the onset of type 2 diabetes. This Paleo / low carb breakfast takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare and cook. It’s also great served with an omelette.
Prep. Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
Ready In: 18-20 Minutes
- 2 zucchini’s – cut in strips
- 2 red peppers – cut in strips
- 3-4 slices of unsmoked bacon (sugar free) – use scissors to cut into small chunks
- Lard or butter for cooking
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat the lard or butter in the frying pan. Add the bacon pieces & fry for 2-3 minutes.
2. Once the bacon is nearly cooked add the zucchini & red pepper & stir fry for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add some salt & pepper.
It’s ready to serve & eat!
*Eat on its own or with boiled, fried or scrambled eggs or an omelette.