Paleo Walnut & Coconut Pancakes can be enjoyed as a alternative Paleo breakfast. They are gluten, dairy, wheat & sugar free. They are savory so are best enjoyed with bacon or your usual meat that you have with your breakfast. The ingredients are simple & very easy to make – only 20 minutes. I try to make all my recipes in under 30 minutes so we don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen everyday. Natural walnuts are quite expensive so you could use blueberries as an alternative.
A quick note: During the cooking process the batter is easy to crumble & break apart so I found cooking them on a low-medium heat & not turning them until about after 10 minutes or until you can see them browning off underneath.
Prep. Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 20 Minutes
Moderately Easy – Tried & Tested
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 block of coconut cream / 1 can coconut milk
- 4 eggs (preferably free range)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts
- 3 tsp (extra virgin) coconut oil / full fat butter for cooking
1. Put the coconut flour in a measuring jug.
2. To make the coconut milk, melt the coconut cream in a bowl of boiling water. Keep stiring with a fork until all of the coconut cream has melted (if you use coconut milk then there is no need for this step).
3. Combine the coconut milk & the coconut flour together.
4. Add the eggs & water then keep stirring until you have a thick batter consistency.
5. Add the cinnamon & walnuts with a final stir.
6. Heat a frying pan with some coconut oil or butter. Use plenty of oil to help stop the pancakes from breaking apart & sticking.
7. Pour the mixture into the pan & cook on a low-medium heat for about 15 minutes turning occasionally. Do not turn the first 10 minutes otherwise they can easily crumble & break apart.
8. Eat while it’s hot & enjoy with a knob of butter on top! Serve with bacon, and/or an avocado.
You may also be interested in: