This is a quick recipe that is great for a lunch. Turkey mince is a great source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. Turkey is also considered a good source of vitamin B6 and niacin, which are both essential for the body’s energy production.
Serves 2-3 people
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Lard for cooking
- 500g turkey thigh mince (7% fat)
- 4 rashers of unsmoked bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped small
- Handful of fresh cress
- 1 medium sized free range egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix together the turkey mince, bacon slices, chopped garlic, cress, egg, salt and pepper. Combine well with your hands, then shape into 6 burger patties.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat, then cook the burgers for about 9 minutes each side or until cooked through. You may need to turn the heat down to medium towards the end to ensure the middle is cooked well. They are then ready to serve with some washed romaine lettuce leaves, tomato slices & home made guacamole