This is a delicious Paleo recipe that is easy to make. The flavours are very simple and very flavoursome. Salmon is full of good nutrients, low in saturated fat and contains essential omega-3 acids.
Prep. Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Easy – Tried and Tested
- 2 x Salmon fillets
- 1 avocado – chopped in square chunks
- A handful of cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- A handful of coriander – roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ Thai red chili – finely chopped
- 1 lime – ½ juiced and ½ cut
- 2 tablespoons of Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the salmon fillets in the steamer and cook for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Mix the avocado, cherry tomatoes, chili and coriander. Add the juice of half a lime and 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the steamed salmon with the avocado salsa and a slice of lime.
Essential Fats – Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Salmon is an excellent source of essential fats called omega-3 fatty acids. Other fish which contain these essential fats are cod, shark sardines, halibut and mackerel.