Paleo Lamb Heart on Basil and Lemon Salad is another quick and delicious Paleo meal. It’s very nutritious, affordable and very easy to make. This is a great breakfast, lunch, starter or snack. Preparation takes a few minutes, and total cooking time is about 20 – 25 minutes.
Tesco are currently selling New Zealand Lamb Heart at around £4.60 per kilo – which is pretty cheap for lamb. Therefore, 1 pack of 3 hearts will cost about £2.50 and will feed 2 people easily.
- 1 pack of lamb heart (3 hearts)
- Two tomatoes
- A handful of lettuce
- A handful of basil leaves
- Half a lemon to squeeze
- Place the lamb heart in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Wash the lettuce, tomatoes and basil. Chop the lettuce and tomato and place them on a serving plate.
- When the lamb heart is cooked, take it out of the oven and chop in into smaller slices. Place on top of the salad.
- Poor the juice from the lamb over the top (optional).
- Place the basil leaves leaves randomly on top of the salad, and squeeze some lemon over to taste.