An aromatic dish with a delicious, distinctive taste of cumin. Serve with a portion of rice or cauliflower rice.
- 3 tbsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. oil (coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 in piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg free range chicken thighs (I used boneless & skinless)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Dry roast 1 tbsp. of the cumin seeds for 5 minutes then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pan and dry the remaining cumin seeds, black peppercorns and cardamoms for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chillies, garlic, and ginger and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground coriander, ground cumin, and salt. Stir well, then cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat the pieces in the sauce. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and reserved toasted cumin seeds and cook for a further 3-5 minutes and serve!