It’s very easy to make your own home made healthy mayonnaise. No need to buy pre-made junk anymore. Hellmann’s mayonnaise is made with 77% horrible unhealthy vegetable oil, other added ingredients include sugar and flavouring. This Paleo version uses olive oil. Enjoy with salad and roast chicken.
Total Time: 10 Mins
- 2-3 Free Range Egg Yolks
- 100 ml Olive Oil (Extra Virgin or Light)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard Sugar Free (Optional)
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Chopped Finely
- Squeeze of Lemon, to taste
- Chopped Chives, to decorate
- Pinch of Salt
1. Whisk together the egg yolks. If you want to, you can use a food processor or hand blender. Slowly, add the olive oil 1 teaspoon at a time. The colour of the yolks should brighten and the texture will thicken.
3. The yolks and oil will turn to mayonnaise after about 5 minutes of vigorous whisking.
4. At the end, whisk in the chopped garlic, mustard, salt and lemon then lastly add the chives to decorate.