There are many ways to make coleslaw using different ingredients. This version is a paleo recipe and includes all fresh healthy ingredients. Great as a side dish. It is especially tasty served with salmon fillet or chicken. If you would like to, you can add a few walnuts or almonds on the top. This version uses a vinaigrette rather than mayonnaise and ingredients are all fresh and healthy. You might also want to check that the mustard has no additives or sugar added.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
- 1 red cabbage – finely shredded
- 1 large carrot – grated
- 2 onions – thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion – chopped
- A handful of chopped fresh herbs – parsley, basil, & mint
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (no sugar added)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix together all of the salad ingredients.
2. To make the vinaigrette, blend together the balsamic vinegar, mustard and olive oil,
3. Add the lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
4. Mix the salad with the vinaigrette, cover & chill or serve!