A sugar free, dairy free and gluten free Paleo snack / treat.
Although they are a healthy snack, it would be something that I would have as a treat (once or twice a year) and after a heavy workout. Also, if you are going to have a cake then better to make your own version and know the ingredients.
I have used minimal ingredients and there is no baking involved. I have used almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts but you can use whatever nuts you like – just no peanuts.
Total Time: 12 Mins
Makes 12-15 small bites
- 100g Almonds
- 100g Walnuts
- 50g Cashew nuts
- Desicated coconut (to coat)
- 100% dark cocoa – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Oil (melted) – 3 tablespoons
- Optional – 1/2 tablespoon honey
1. Blend almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts together in a blender.
2. Add cocoa (& optional honey) and blend again.
3. Add melted coconut oil into nut mixture and spoon into balls. Place on a glass dish.
4. Sprinkle & cover with desiccated coconut.
5. Put in the freezer for 1 hour and then they are ready to eat. Otherwise keep them refrigerated