This Paleo chocolate cake is sugar, dairy & gluten free. If your looking for a Paleo dessert then this is a easy and quick recipe. The recipe does contain bananas which can spike your blood sugar level so I would recommend only making for a special occasion. I didn’t use baking soda in this recipe as it didn’t seem to need it. You might want to double check that the cocoa powder is 100% and doesn’t contain sugar or other additives. It’s best eaten when left to cool and tastes great served with natural probiotic yoghurt, full fat cream and some berries.
Prep. Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of 100% cocoa powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tsp dessicated coconut
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 medium size eggs (preferably free range)
1. Pre heat the oven to 250 degrees centigrade
2. Place the cocoa powder, coconut oil & ripe bananas in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Next, add the eggs, dessicated coconut, coconut milk and the coconut flour and combine together well.
4. Rub some coconut oil on a baking tray.
5. Spoon the mixture on to the tray and cover with some foil.
6. Cook in the oven for about 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the centre.
7. After baking, cool completely and enjoy!