This Paleo Chili Beef Bolognese recipe is a little different to most bolognese recipes. The key ingredient to the sauce is some ground turmeric You can normally find turmeric in Indian curries & is known to have many anti oxidant & anti inflammatory properties. In this Paleo recipe I have used a can of chopped tomatoes but if you can & have time it would be much better to use fresh tomatoes to make your own tomato sauce.
Prep. Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes
Easy – Tried & Tested
- Lean Beef Mince 800g
- 1 aubergine – diced or 6-8 mushrooms
- 1 red & 1 yellow pepper – sliced
- Can of chopped tomatoes / 6 fresh tomatoes – diced
- (Extra Virgin) Olive oil / Lard for cooking
- 2 onions – chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 chili (medium spicy)
- 2 tbsp ground paprika
- 2 tbsp ground tumeric
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat the pan & add the oil.
2. After a minute add the onions & fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the garlic & chili – stir for another minute.
3. Then add the beef & stir fry until all of the mince has turned brown (about 6-8 minutes).
4. Next, add the aubergine & pepper. Stir in to the beef for about a minute.
5. Add some salt & pepper then the chopped tomatoes & cook for another minute.
6. Time to add the spices – paprika & tumeric then the tomato puree.
7. Cover & simmer for about 10-12 minutes. The sauce should be a nice thick bolognese consistency.
8. Serve with steamed broccoli or any other steamed vegetable of your choice.
* If you are ok with dairy, add some grated mature chedder cheese on top of the beef bolognese.