Paleo banana, coconut & yoghurt milkshake is a seriously nutritious and healthy recipe that is great for a breakfast or lunch replacement when busy. Serve also as a dessert.
For those trying to lose weight, fruit is best limited to one serving or less per day. However, for endurance workouts, post workout re- fuel, or on cheat days, this is a great food source.
If you want to make it dairy free just replace the full fat milk with coconut milk. Ripe bananas work best. Make sure that the natural yoghurt has no sugar in it and the probiotic version is great for keeping your digestive and immune system healthy. In the UK, “Onken Set Natural Biopot Yogurt” can be bought from Tesco and other supermarkets.
Prep. Time: 5 Minutes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 glasses of full fat milk or 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of natural probiotic yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
- 100g / 1/4 of a block of creamed coconut
- 2 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
1. Blend together all ingredients in a fruit blender!
Paleo banana and coconut milkshake can also be served as a dessert. It will provide your body with healthy fats and tastes great. If you want to, add some strawberries or blackberries to it.