Making Paleo ice cream is really easy and only takes 5-10 minutes preparation time. This Paleo ice cream recipe does not use an ice cream maker. You just need a fruit blender. You need to use really ripe bananas otherwise the flavour may taste sour. The ripe bananas make the colour of the ice cream look like a light chocolaty colour. For this Paleo recipe, you can use coconut milk or coconut cream. If you want to stay paleo and have friends coming for dinner then this makes a great Paleo dessert. You will need to prepare at least one day before.
Prep. Time: 5-10 Minutes
Freeze Time: Bananas – 5 hours, Ice cream mixture – overnight
Easy – Tried and Tested
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 2 cans of full fat coconut milk / or 1 block of coconut cream
- 5 tablespoons of dessicated coconut
- Fresh mint leaves
- Natural yoghurt
- Full fat cream
1. Put the 5 bananas in the freezer and freeze for about 5 hours or until completely frozen.
2. Blend frozen bananas with the coconut milk.
– If you use coconut cream melt the block in a pan with about 1/2 a litre of water (slowly add the water & keep stirring).
3. Add the dessicated coconut and blend once more.
4. Pour mixture into a dish and freeze overnight or until completely frozen!
Serve with any of the ingredients above.
* If you don’t have a blender then you can use a fork to blend together. You can choose to have it smooth or lumpy.
* Check the ingredients on the coconut milk. Sometimes, additives or preservatives are added.
* If you are not dairy intolerant or are okay with dairy, you can also use full fat milk or double cream instead of coconut milk.