This is a really easy and quick breakfast or lunch recipe. You can buy the Wild Caught Mackerel from Tesco and you can ask them to cut the head and tail off if you want. It was about £8 per kilo and about £2.50 for 2 whole mackerels.
Mackerel is an oily fish with a strong flavour. It is rich in protein and contains other important minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium and magnesium. Vitamin A, C, D, K, Niacin, B12 and Folate can be found in mackerel fish. Mackerel is also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and contains some Omega-6 fatty acids. In Britain, Atlantic mackerel is quite common and will have low mercury levels. The mackerel to avoid eating due to high mercury levels is the King mackerel.
Prep. Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Easy – Under 20 Mins
- Wild Caught Whole Mackerel x2
- Dried Rosemary Or Fresh Rosemary
- Flaked Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chilli & Garlic Olive Oil (Homemade)
1. Pre heat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
2. Place Mackerel on a baking tray with foil.
3. Next, add the seasonings – dried rosemary, sea salt and pepper and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Prepare a salad, drizzle some chilli & garlic oil and serve.