Here’s an interesting video where Denver’s Diet Doctor, Dr. Jeffry Gerber, MD is interviewed. He talks about how a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) Diet being optimal for losing weight and improving health.
Dr. Gerber is a family physician that specialises in treating patients with obesity, diabetes and other metabolic diseases. His advice to his patients is to eat a Low Carb High Fat Diet.
Watch Denver’s Diet Doctor’s Interview on LCHF For Weight Loss and Health
Below are some of the main points in the video:
- People have been bombarding their bodies with carbohydrates every day. There are simply too many, refined and processed carbs and this is causing a problem with weight gain and adverse health effects.
- Carbs wreak havoc on our bodies, they are empty calories. they drive insulin, they are increasing the rate of obesity and chronic diseases such as diabetes.
- Reducing saturated fat and increasing consumption of carbohydrates are causing these health problems.
- For 10 years, Dr. Gerber has been treating his patients with a LCHF diet. he says that giving people the right tools, his patients have been able to lose weight, increase energy and reduce or eliminate medications.
- Dietary carbohydrates causes inflammation (not saturated fat) and inflammation causes heart disease.
- The best way to improve health is through a Low Carb High Fat diet and eating Palaeolithic foods which are whole fresh foods.
- Dr. Gerber’s patients who follow a LCHF diet are able to improve their cardio metabolic markers, their lipid profiles, insulin resistance and improve inflammation.
- His hopes for the future are that more of the medical community can be convinced and more medical trials can be done to find out more of the long term benefits of LCHF.