This is a very light dish that can be served as a side dish or as a snack. It is so quick and easy to make which makes it a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
Combine as a side dish with our Spicy Meatballs recipe.
Prep. Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Easy – Tried and Tested
- 4 free range eggs
- Fresh asparagus – trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Fill a saucepan half way full of water. Bring to the boil.
2. Crack one egg into a cup and gently slide it into the boiling water.
3. Repeat with the remaining three eggs.
4. Simmer for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.
5. Remove with a spoon and keep warm.
6. Place the asparagus into a steamer. Cook until asparagus is tender (approx 10 minutes).
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese if desired.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Asparagus: An Anti-Inflammatory Food Source and Anti-Oxidant Benefits
Asparagus spears are both very tasty and succulent. They have been considered a delicacy since ancient times. Asparagus is normally best during the start of the spring season. Asparagus is known as an anti-inflammatory food because it provides a combination of anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Another benefit of asparagus is that it supports our digestion system. It contains the nutrient inulin which is referred to as a “prebiotic”. Ideal for certain types of bacteria such as Lactobacilli which helps absorb nutrients better.