Upending the conventional wisdom of why we gain weight and how to lose it, Fed Up unearths a dirty secret of the American food industry. Far more of us get sick from what we eat than anyone has previously realised.
Film maker Stephanie Soechtig and TV journalist Katie Couric lead us through this potent expose that uncovers why, despite media attention, the public’s fascination with appearance, and government policies to combat childhood obesity generations of American children will now live shorter lives than their parents did.
Fed Up Movie Trailer
Fed Up is produced by Laurie David, producer of inconvenient truth
- “There are 600,000 food items in America, 80% of them have added sugar” Dr. Robert Lustig
- “Your brain lights up with sugar just like it does with cocaine or heroin. You are going to become an addict”
- “Over 90% of all american will be overweight or obese in 2 decades” Katie Couric
- “They place private profit in front of public health, systemic political failure” Dr David Ludwig, Associate Professor in Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- By 2050, 1/3 of Americans will have diabetes. These diseases are being driven by sugar.