Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving 1-2 People
Lard/oil for cooking
1-2 free range chicken breasts, boneless
120g salad leaves (rocket and spinach)
12-16 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 medium ripe & ready avocado, peeled and chopped
Juice of 2 lemons
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Dice the chicken breasts and place in a bowl. Drizzle half of the lemon juice over the chicken.
2. Combine all the spices together in a bowl and coat the chicken breasts, then set aside.
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the salad leaves, chopped avocado and the cherry tomatoes.
4. Drizzle the remaining lemon juice over the salad.
5. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Let it melt, and swirl the pan.
6. Turn the heat to medium. Add the chicken breasts. Cook for just 1 minute to help them get a little golden on
one side. Then flip each chicken breast over.
7. Turn the heat to low and put a lid on the pan. Set the timer for 10 minutes and leave to cook. After 10
minutes, turn off the heat and leave in the pan for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
8. Double check them to make sure there is no pink in the middle or you can use a thermometer to check, it
should be at least 165°F.
9. Add to the salad (salad leaves, tomatoes, avocado) and it’s ready to serve.