This is a quick and tasty Paleo dish to cook. It only takes 20 minutes. You can have it as a side dish or as a main meal. Serve with some cauliflower rice and steamed greens. For vegetarians, you can just add water or coconut milk instead of the meat stock.
Serves 2-3 people
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Oil for Cooking – I used Ghee (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Lard)
- 1 1/2 Aubergine
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Madras Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon Turmeric
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Meat Stock (Chicken, Beef, Lamb)
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- Fresh Coriander to Serve
1. Chop up onions and garlic and the aubergine into 1/4 slices.
2. Heat up the oil in a frying pan. Cook the onion until softened then add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
3. Next, add the aubergine pieces and cook for a 2-3 minutes.
4. You may need to add more cooking oil at this point as aubergine absorbs the oil quite fast. Add the spices; curry powder, ground cumin, paprika, turmeric, salt then cover with the stock or water. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes then add the tomato puree and stir in.
6. Once the aubergine is cooked, add some fresh coriander on top and it’s ready to serve.